Customer Service & Administration Advisor
- 35 hour week, over 7 days shift pattern
- Starting salary up to £17,124 plus substantial benefits package
- Cobalt Business Park / Principal Office in Newcastle City Centre
The Newcastle Building Society is an award winning society with a reputation within the financial services industry for innovation, embracing new technology along with developing ground-breaking products and exceptional customer service.
With approximately 900 staff, based at Principal Office and within the branch network, they are also the largest building society based in the North East and one of the strongest mutuals in the UK.
By joining the Newcastle Building Society as Customer Service Advisor you will be based at one of our Customer Service Centres at Cobalt Business Park or Newcastle city centre working as part of an effective Team at the very heart of the business community.
The ethos in the Customer Service Centre is putting our customers first and getting things right first time. In the role of Customer Service Advisor you will be handling unscripted calls from customers, answering queries and solving problems. Queries may be in relation to the savings products customers hold either or with our numerous clients who we handle the management of savings on behalf of.
You’ll need to balance this with completing a variety of administration tasks you will have been allocated for the day. Working between these two elements offers a challenging but rewarding environment and also means no day is the same.
Being part of the front line means you have a great understanding of where improvements may be made in our processes to streamline tasks and improve customer service. We’ll want to hear your ideas, so be ready to get involved and speak up.
A comprehensive training and benefits package is available to ensure that working for the Newcastle Building Society is rewarding and whatever your role, they are keen that you develop and participate in projects, initiatives and become a valued multi-skilled member of our Customer Service Centre Team and increase contribution to the success of the overall Society.
The rewards & benefits package includes:
- 22 days holidays plus bank holidays (increasing with service to 27)
- Corporate pension scheme
- Life assurance & permanent health insurance
- Corporate bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free gym access
- Free car parking at Cobalt Business Park
- Subsidised on site staff restaurants
- Great transport links with discounted travel
- Occupational sick, maternity & paternity pay (with qualifying service)
- Staff offers and access to staff association offering discounts for local trips, events & services
- Employee Assistance Programme
Shift pattern example
week 1- 9am- 5pm
week 2- 8am- 4pm
week 3- 12- 8pm
week 4- mon- fri 9am- 5pm and Sat/ Sun 10am- 4pm
Working 1 in 4 weekends.15th March 2017